Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chris Morocco Interview

Chris Morocco Interview




Tell us about yourself. Whats your name? Where are you from?
-My name is Chris Morocco and I am a director and photographer from Richmond, Ca.

What does the word "based" mean to you?
-I’ve heard it used differently, everything from being loaded to being positive. To me it means being so clean and creative you are on a different level than everyone else.

How did you get into the video/photography industry? What inspired you?
-I knew I wanted to make videos in 8th grade when I had an assignment to make a movie using special effects. In high school I also became interested in music production and then I made my first music video in college. I graduated with a degree in audio and video production but I feel like I am mostly self-taught. I took a couple months off after college, got my equipment and business plan together and have been making videos ever since.
I think what inspired me was partly my dad who has been in the entertainment industry since before I was born but also the idea I could own and operate my own business. I watch videos all the time and respect other video directors but there is not a specific person that made me want to be a director.

What upcoming projects are you working on?
-I am finishing a video for an artist from Kafani’s Ice King label, a video for Bobby Brackins and one for another group DBS. I also have more videos scheduled with Nova Boy and APB as well as Kris Staxx featuring Young L for their song “I’m Blasted”.

Are there any artists out there you would like to work with, but haven't got the chance yet?
-It would be dope to shoot a video for The Cataracs Lil B or Kafani. I’m also interested in shooting with artists from different cities around the world.

Who are your favorite artists right now?
-Young bay artists like APB, Bobby Brackins, Kris Staxx, Starting Six, Pack, and Cataracs. I listen to different types of music but it’s pretty much Gucci, Dilla and Dipset all day.

What are some things that people don't know about you?
-I am a teacher.

Whats some advice you can give the people that want to get into the video/photography industry?
-I would say be a professional and treat every project like it is your best so strive for longevity and greatness.



Where can people find more about you?

Movements in Media Official Site

Chris Morocco Official Blog

Chris Morocco on Twitter

Chris Morocco on Facebook


Here are some videos by Chris Morocco get at him for your music videos:




1 comment:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More