Monday, March 8, 2010

Kickflip Interview

Kickflip Interview




Download Kickflips new mixtape through Kickflips Mixtape Link



Tell us about yourself. Whats your name? Where are you from?
-The name is Kickflip i was recently in a local bay area group called the Geek Squad. Im doing my solo material now for everybody. Coming straight from the bay, I stay in Hayward, CA.

What does the word "based" mean to you?

-The word based to me basically means being postive & being you.

How did you get into the music industry? What inspired you?

-Well i got into the music back in my sophomore year in high school. I was influenced by all the Bay Area rappers coming up into the rap game, and back then i used to write lyrics and poems and shit like that so i said to myself, what the heck lets make some music. It was around that time when the hyphy & vans movement was going on so i was writing all kinds of songs like that. I started a rap crew called the Geek Squad with one of my patnaz around those times so we started recording music almost everyday at my place and people were diggin our music. Also The Pack was a huge influence because they made it when they was young like us, so music to me became more than just a hobby it became like a job to me in order for me to make it and do it big, u feel me?

What upcoming projects are you working on?
-Well right now i just finished and dropped my debut mixtape called "Who The F*$# is Kickflip!?" i wanted to let people know that half of the Geek Squad is still out there making moves. Im also working on 2 other songs that will hopefully be hitting the radio by the end of this month. A music video is also coming but thats later on.

Are there any artists out there you would like to work with, but haven't got the chance yet?
- Yea, theres a couple artist i would like to work with. For instance, Lil B from The Pack is one of them, im talking to him about a collab. The Cataracs is another group i would like to work with, their music is CRAZY! haha

Who are your favorite artists right now?
- My favorite artist right now on the mainstream side are, Gucci Mane, Trey Songz, Lil Wayne, Plies, theres so many out there i cant fit em all ha and on the underground are like, Stunnaman, Coldflamez, D-lo and yea.

What are some things that people don't know about you?
- Haha well a lot of people dont know that im actually kind of a shy guy, i be tellin em but they dont believe me

Whats some advice you can give the people that want to get into the music industry?

- Ill i can say is that never give up, and never let anyone put you down. Just do u and be positive and you can be anything when you put yourself up to it.

Where can people find more about you?


Kickflip on Twitter

Kickflip MySpace


More Words
- I just wanna say thanks to all the supporters who've been there since the beginning, i owe it all to you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More