Saturday, April 3, 2010

KB Interview

KB Interview


Tell us about yourself. Whats your name? Where are you from?
-I'm a music producer from Hayward, California that goes by the name of Kyle "KB" Brown. I've been making beats for about 5 years now ever since I was 12. I currently use Propellerheads Reason 4.0 and a M-Audio Axiom 25 keyboard.

What does the word "based" mean to you?

-The word "based" mean basically like being yourself and not givin' a fuck what anybody else think. Just being you.

How did you get into producing in the music industry? What inspired you?
-When I was 12, my friend told me to put Fruity Loops on my computer and I didn't know what the hell it was. He said you can make your own beats and shit but, that wasn't anything I was tryin' to do but did it anyways. I used to make hella techno beats before the hip-hop because all the sequenced patterns and arps etc. I started teaching myself EVERYTHING about making beats no one helped me at all.

What upcoming projects are you working on?
-I'm really not workin' on anything right now just these beats. Tryin' to stack this money up.

Are there any artists out there you would like to work with, but haven't got the chance yet?
-I would like to work with Travis Porter because they're different they aren't the same as everyone else. Unique rap group.

Who are your favorite artists right now?
-Right now is: Waka Flocka, Travis Porter, Roscoe Dash, Kebo Gotti, and Lil' B.

What are some things that people don't know about you?
-I'm a quick learner. I design shit myself.http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5556/img0202mv.jpg

Whats some advice you can give the people that want to produce music?
-Practice, practice, practice, practice and be creative/unique.

Where can people find more about you?
-KB Official Website
-MySpace
-Twitter

1 comment:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More