Thursday, July 22, 2010

Roach Gigz Interview

Roach Gigz Interview


Tell us about yourself. Whats your name? Where are you from?
-IM ROACH MOTHAFUCKIN GIGZ AND IM A MOTHAFUCKIN RAP STAR FROM THE BAY MOTHAFUCKIN AREA

What does the word "based" mean to you?
-I never really thought about it, or knew too much about the word based except for back in the day it used to mean like bootsy or weak. All I really know is that Lil B rep that shit so hard, the whole fucking world knows about it now. And if it means doing what you want to do without caring what what anybody thinks, than man I’m a 100% supporter. I’m a firm believer in being yourself and not giving a fuck what is said about you. Because only you can create your own definition of real. That shit is way harder than it looks though man, because as humans we feel like we need someone else approval to validate ourselves. But in the end your stuck with yourself, in front of a mirror, so you just have to be happy with the man looking back at you feel me. There is always going to be someone who hates or doesn’t like what your doing, or lets their own personal experiences make them feel like they have some type of say about what you got going on, your success, the way you dress, talk, carry yourself, whatever. But fuck that, for all the people like that, there are so many more that will just fuck with you for being you.

How did you get into the music industry? What inspired you?
-I always used to fuck around and write. And I would watch my older patnas rap and shit when I was younger. But I never really recorded nothing on my own until 2006. I was a senior in High School, and I had a free demo recording program and a cheap little mic, and started making mixtape songs in my closet over beats I downloaded off Limewire. As far as artists everybody know Mac Dre was my biggest inspiration. Other than that there was a bunch of crazy shit going in my life around that time which inspired me to start in some way, but the point is I did. And once I started making these low quality ass songs and people liked them, I started to believe I could really do this. Then me and my patna Lil 4 Tay ended up making a song called I Get It, it blew up locally and that was my first real sneak peek of success. I love music, I love when other people love my music, and that just keeps me going and working hard.

What upcoming projects are you working on?
-I got a little surprise coming. Something to switch it up, and keep people listening. That's about to come sooner than expected. Then I’m working on finishing my album, and getting everything as big as it can be before I drop. Really I just go in the lab and make dope music. I don’t always know where its going to end up, but trust me when I tell you I’m only getting better, believe that.

Are there any artists out there you would like to work with, but haven't got the chance yet?
-Lil Wayne and Andre 3000. Eventually, I want to work with the best, but I’m forever open to work with anybody that I respect who makes good music. Too many to list.

Who are your favorite artists right now?
-This little band I just seen playing at the 24th and Mission BART this morning.

What are some things that people don't know about you?
-My Birthday is April 25, hit me on twitter for next year’s presents drop off location. I’m a father. I’m addicted to BBQ sunflower seeds, but only the brand that is 2 for a dollar. I don’t know man, all my music is a representation of myself and my story in some way. I think people will find out more about me and my thoughts as more material starts coming out. I feel like if people meet me, I’m a cool dude, we could chop it up, and then you’ll know me even better. But don’t judge me or think you know until you really know, you know.

Whats some advice you can give the people that want to get into the music industry?
-Be great.

Where can people find more about you?
-Official Website
-MySpace
-Twitter
-Just google me man...i got pages for ages

Make sure to download Roach Gigz newest mixtape: Roachy Balboa from his site www.roachgigz.com The mixtape has been out for a little bit, it straight slaps, if you don't already have it you need to download it. Here are two videos of songs that are featured on his new mixtape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More