Friday, July 8, 2011

T. Mills Interview

T. Mills Interview
#ArtistWeek


Tell us about yourself. Whats your name? Where are you from?
-Travis Tatum Mills. I'm 22 years old. I travel the world and meet all kinds of amazing people off of my art.

What does the word "based" mean to you? and if you didn't know what it meant until now what do you think of it?
-I got put onto the whole based movement a year and a half ago and found it really intriguing. I feel like I had already been tapped into that mindset without even knowing it. I've always done my own thing. I've always expressed myself. I thought it was cool to see a network of people sharing and spreading that message in such a unique way.

How did you get your start in the music industry? What or who inspired you?
-I started playing music in middle school. I made some songs on my laptop when I was 19/20 and put them online. It really all just grew from there. I feel like I inspired myself. My desire and need to CREATE. I wanted to pursue my dream and have the freedom to do it on my own terms. With the internet you hold the key to millions of potential listeners. I never spammed. I did my thing and people gravitated to it. I'm still on my grind!

What upcoming projects are you working on? Any videos or something special coming up?
-I'm dropping my free album "Leaving Home" July 22nd. It's something ive been working on for the past 6-8 months. I dont want to say too much. I'll let people hear it for themselves and form their own opinion.

I just dropped the official video for an older song I released last year "She Got A..." and we are shooting a TON of videos the next few weeks for songs off Leaving Home.



Are there any artists out there you would like to have the chance to work with? If so who?
-McKenzie Eddy is someone I def want to work with right now.

Who are your favorite artists right now? Who's playing through your speakers?
-Big Sean. Placebo. Passion Pit. Dom K. Das Racist. Spitta. Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros.

What are some things that people might not know about you?
-I feel like im 10 different people at once.

Whats some advice you can give to everyone that you have learned so far in your journey that could come in handy to someone else?
-Never stop. Keep your eyes and ears open. My friend, Modsun, says no matter what youre going through right now, in 20 seconds the best thing in your life could happen to you.

Where can people find more about you?
-Facebook
-Twitter
-YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More