Saturday, November 26, 2011

Amerikas Addiction Interview

Amerikas Addiction Interview


Based in Milwaukee, WI, Amerikas Addiction is a two-member group made up of vocalist/emotionalist, Ebonix, and sound/ambiance producer, J The Truth. Amerikas Addiction operates under Black House Productions and draws influces from the hiphop, alternative, punk, reggae, dance, and techno music cultures. The group began as the notorious, “Black House Gang,” which earned them nominations for, “Best Rap/Hi pHop Act,” in 2007 and 2010 by the Wisconsin Area Music Industry. As a solo artist, Ebonix was featured in VIBE Magazine as best Wisconsin rapper for the magazine’s publication of “51 Best Myspace Rappers.”

Tell us about yourself. What’s your name? Where are you from?
J-THE TRUTH - My name is just a combination of my first name Joshua and the fact that I am a Truth seeker. Meaning that I have to know all alternatives and sides to a story, i accept nothing at face value. I need the truth, no matter how painful it may be to know. I am from Milwaukee, though sometimes I feel like a space cadet in the world.

ADDICTION AKA EBONIX - Ebonix was giving as a nick name in high school when I used to rap for people i bent words and used alot of slang lol.
Addiction is because I'm an addictive person, people just get hooked one me, they become intrigued with me as a person therefore addiction lol.

How did you get your start in the music industry? Who or what inspired you?
J-THE TRUTH - I got my start with my brother Tim aka Heru (R.I.P) and his best friend Lee aka Babaloa. They called themselves the Alkhemysts. I was always a beating on the pots and pans and playing records type of kids, but once I got old enough to read The Source and about musicians/record labels, it was over. I became totally immersed in music culture. I have an appreciation for all artists and all careers/functions in it.

ADDICTION - Just recording you know and promoting hard on myspace, I always loved to write and act and express myself artistically no matter if it was drawing or painting or dancing, the older i got the more my vocabulary expanded and i began to write poems to express myself and then all of a sudden i got into writing songs when i was introduced to "J The Truth" my producer at the age of 16 by my dad.


What upcoming projects are you working on?
J-THE TRUTH - Our upcoming video for "Blame It On the Drugs". We plan on it being epic and ground breaking and shocking. We want to the world to see it…and be either addicted or completely pissed off!

ADDICTION - "Black Magick" 12-31-11 one of our biggest projects and most important in my eyes lol. More addicts are listening this time around!

Since the start of your music career what is, in your opinion, the best track you have ever made?
J-THE TRUTH - Addiction or Ebonix would disagree… but I love the track "College Girl" Its a raw, uncut party song. Maybe its because I truly don't party unless we are on stage or are throwing a party that I truly throw all my thoughts to the side. It is during this song that I lose control and let the other side take over my body. The song itself is not deep in a sense, but it speaks upon our primal instincts as men and what we sometimes think when being with a woman…judge me lol. Do What You Desire...

ADDICTION - Best track would have to be a song called "Sandman" Off the Blame it on the Drugs ep avaliable at itunes and our official website www.amerikasaddiction.com and all the other fine digital retails online. That songs is about how i have bad dreams that are constantly keeping me awake but sleep at the same time lol Its tricky because i have this sleeping disorder that haunts me "Sleep Paralysis" It sucks so that song is the anthem for people who have sleeping disorders lol


If you could choose one artist to collaborate with on a track who would it be? Why?
J-THE TRUTH - For me, it would be to have met an artist like Jimi Hendrix when he was around. He was beyond creative and innovative. He inspired generations of musicians. His style of playing the guitar, his way of singing and song writing and his fashion, actually his whole style is inspiring. I would have loved to collaborate on a track with him and just be privileged to have been in the same room.

ADDICTION - Tech N9ne.. He is just beyond creative and always ahead of the curve, not only as a rapper just as an artist period. He is my idol and I've met him before but I've never got a chance to tell him, didnt wanna seem like a dick riding fan. I'd rather meet him on an artist to artist basis.

This site’s purpose is living and representing the Based lifestyle. What does the word "based" mean to you?
J-THE TRUTH - It is the same is ours - "Do What You Desire…" - Doing what you want to do in life. Hopefully what you desire to do is positive, because in its sense, it is a double edged sword or a feather…what you choose to do with it, is in your soul/heart. We choose positivity. Based is about doing what you desire and expressing yourself creatively whether in music, fashion, life and how you touch others that you meet. If the whole world were based, it would be a much more beautiful world.

ADDICTION - Based To me is similar to our motto which is "Do what you desire.. Basically doing what you love and spreading love ignoring the negative and evils in the world. So yeah thats what based means to me.


Who are your favorite artists right now? Who’s playing through your speakers?
J-THE TRUTH - Tech N9ne, Black Sabbath, David Bowie, LEP Bogus Boys, The Weeknd, 2-Pac, Kanye West and Sade.

ADDICTION - Tech n9ne, Cudi, Wiz Khalifa, Prince, Ozzy Osbourne, Soulja Boy and Lady Gaga.

What’s something that people might not know about you?
J-THE TRUTH - That I really enjoy to read. Magazines, books on esoteric subjects, books on visionaries, leaders, inspirational books. Yeah, I like to listen and read Tony Robbins lol.

ADDICTION - Im obsessed with Lady Gaga

What’s some advice you can give to upcoming/aspiring artists that you have learned so far that may come in handy to someone else?
J-THE TRUTH - Do What You Desire…and all will work out. Dare to be different as well. Pay it forward and don't look for handouts.

ADDICTION - Stay true to yourself and find your own lane. develop a grass roots fan base so you can be a dictator and not a dick taker and labels will approach you.

Where can people find more about you?
Official Website
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Soundcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More