Friday, February 24, 2012

Fuggin' Friday #23

Fuggin' Friday #23

Here is the twenty-third Fuggin' Friday feature. Enjoy! If you don't know what a Fuggin' Friday post is, check out all the info here.

10 Deep 2012 Pre-Spring Collection


As warm weather currently sweeps across the country, 10.Deep has elected to release a small pre-spring capsule as a warm-up for its upcoming comprehensive Spring 2012 collection that is slated to arrive in March/April. Featuring the New York streetwear brand’s signature aesthetic, lightweight baseball jackets, hoodies, rugbys, work shirts, tees, baseball caps and accessories are the hallmarks of the release. The entire capsule collection will be available via the brand’s webshop Friday, February 24, beginning at noon EST.

Source: Hypebeast


Read more about this week; A week with Pharrell Williams, Google Glasses, and the new Aston Martin.

The New York Times: A Week with Pharrell Williams


Multi-faceted singer, songwriter and designer Pharrell Williams was recently chosen as a style consultant alongside storied music composer Hans Zimmer for the 2012 Academy Awards. Williams’ numerous endeavors have plummeted him onto the radar of many well-known productions, films, culture and music acts alike – not the least of these is the recent Academy Awards honor. Bee-Shyuan Chang of The New York Times recently spent seven days with the Miami-based artist, dropping in on his day-to-day activities leading up to the Oscar ceremony. Read the entirety of the feature here and view a small excerpt below.

WEDNESDAY, FEB. 15 In Miami, it’s usually warm, but I’m mostly indoors. I started off my day wearing a Billionaire Boys Club white crew neck T-shirt, blue denim jeans and SpongeBob SquarePants toe socks. I love SpongeBob; I just think he’s funny. Squidward is my favorite, though. If he was a human, I would hang out with him. I had a photo shoot scheduled with my good friend Nigo for his brand Human Made and we decided to have the shoot at my apartment. I modeled a lot of the clothes, which pay homage to the very early Levi’s cuts, and ended up really loving these striped shorts. They were simple but the fit was awesome. I tried to take it from Nigo, but he said he needed it.

After the shoot, I headed to the studio to meet up with Diplo. Kept on the jeans and changed into a blue flannel shirt, black N.E.R.D. logo skullcap and my custom Timberland six-inch black leather boots. I drew on the boots with white and red Sharpie paint pens. It’s a bit American mall rat- and punk-influenced: some cartoon graphics and a small Chanel CC logo. After, I stopped by one of my favorite stores in Miami, the Webster. The owners have great taste and they carry Chanel. I’m a really big fan.

THURSDAY, FEB. 16 A very rare day off. Aside from a few conference calls, I spent it at home with my family, so just put on a Gap white V-neck T-shirt, gray sweat pants and my oversized Mickey Mouse yellow slippers.

FRIDAY, FEB. 17 Off to New York for a photo shoot. I wore my black leather jacket: a biker style and a collaboration between Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons and Vanson. Nigo introduced me to Junya Watanabe’s designs a few years ago and I’ve liked Junya’s sensibility ever since: out of the box, but not trying too hard. I added a blue and red flannel shirt and a black skullcap. Our next destination was L.A. To prevent myself from getting sick on the plane, I wrapped a Junya plaid and camouflage print scarf around my neck.

Source: NY Times


Google Glasses Rumor


It comes as no secret that Google has more money than they know what to do with. This has led to some rather interesting side projects including self-driving cars and one closer on the horizon, Google Glasses. Several rumored features have been mentioned to enhance interactivity between environment and human such as navigation and real-time information provision. This will come courtesy of an Android-based operating system and low-resolution camera which will make technology seen in movies such as Predator and Terminator a reality. While the eyewear is meant to be a part-time accompaniment, you can assume some will not take heed and nerd out to the max.

Source: New York Times


2012 Aston Martin


Inspired by changes made to the V8 Vantage S, the 2012 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe and Roadster are getting a facelift. Sculpted side sills and a greedier front bumper air intake add to the muscular look, while quicker steering, bigger brakes and wider tires all enhance the V8 Vantage’s already nimble handling and performance. Under the hood, the new V8 Vantage gets an optional seven-speed Sportshift II — optimized specifically for Aston Martin’s needs. It provides an additional gear, a lower final drive, and a snappier, yet more refined shift quality for accelerations that should satisfy the desire for a sportier driving experience by those who felt their existing Aston Martin wasn’t punchy enough already. While an official release date is still a ways off, start saving because prices of this new Aston Martin are expected to start at a paltry €108,500 EUR (approx. $145,000 USD).

Source: GT Sprint


Hope you enjoyed the newest post for the Fuggin' Friday feature. Tune in next week for another Fuggin' Friday weekly post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More