Thursday, April 12, 2012

Based Scripture: The Full Transcript of Lil B’s Lecture at NYU (Part 2)


If you didn't know Lil B gave an 80-minute, unscripted lecture at NYU Wednesday night. The first part of this speech can be seen here, below is the transcript of the second part of the entire lecture. Its the Based God’s words in text format for you to read. As stated before Lil B kept true to himself; from his suggestion to look at people like “golden, million-dollar babies” to his experiences with ants in the kitchen, his recommendations to wash your hands and wear seat belts, his fear of insulting Mitt Romney and his excitement about paying taxes. There are no words to convey this experience but Lil B’s own.

Part 2

Man, I’m pro-caring. That’s a big thing we should bring back. Let’s bring back caring about each other, honestly, genuinely. Anybody can have their preconceived notion about me. They can be like, “I think he looks like this and I have my vision in my head.” But after the day, break that down. Look at me and I’m not what you think. Some people not even be thinking nothing about me. They might have love. They might look at me like a baby, like a little alien. Cuddle. Hold me. But, man, bruh, all this is is a positive healing. With this historical time together I want everybody in this building to know everybody is your friend here. People that love Lil B’s music and respect Lil B from the core, we’re about positivity and not judging, letting people be theyselves. Be yourself one hundred and one thousand percent. Everybody man, from the sides to the back to the middle to the sides, you might not even know people, but if you rock with Lil B music and respect me from the core, you should know that based means you have someone you can trust, because we all have a common courtesy. It’s about having empathy now. What I mean is really caring and paying attention to somebody else’s feeling. You gotta have empathy and know we all on this common vibe. It’s all peace. It’s saying, hey, you know what, you can hit me and I’m not hitting you back. And that takes a very big person to do that. If someone attacks you or your family, at the end of the day you do what you gotta do. But I’m saying, if you really want to be a bigger person?

I go to sleep and I’m so happy. You know why? I know I’m living what I’m talking about. I go to sleep and I’m like, nyah. On my bean bag like nyah. I’m making history and I’m living it and I’m honest. It feels so good to be honest. Honest as we can be. Nyah. Honesty, integrity, loyalty, passion, friendship. For real, man, that’s real.

It’s funny, you feel me, this is how I really feel. I’m glad I can come tell you guys and you can see my personality and see this is really Lil B. This is what he wants. Regardless of what anybody says, I want all of you to live as long as possible, have a great, healthy life, fun, full of adventure, full of mystery, full of trials and tribulations. Just going through and seeing things, being able to forgive.

Test your friends. See who really loves you. Remember that. See who will be with you forever. Just see. Take some time out for yourself. A lot of people miss communication. Friendships are such deep things that sometimes people tangle the friendship. People are like, “Well, I knew this person since I grew up, but this person’s a douche. You feel me? But I’ll still be his friend. But it’s like, we don’t agree. But it’s like, I have some weird thing in my head so I’ll still be your friend.” But be honest with yourself. Be around people who represent you, who you feel is on the same kind of monotone, you feel me? Who’s on your wavelength. I love y’all. Hopefully, everybody in this building is on the same wavelength, you feel me. You guys are very brave and historical and legendary, like I said, so I know everybody is on a wavelength. I’m looking at everybody and I know we could chill and we could have some good stories.

What are some of the things that y’all be feeling? What are some of things that y’all are going through? [Audience: "Family problems… sales tax… the cooking dance."] You know we ain’t gonna pull that dance out man! That’s millions, billions! I’m feeling like Michael Jackson out there, whipping the wrist like br-br-br-da! But I’m too subtle now. We representing. I got this beautiful quilt. I would’a come up here in a suit so y’all could take me seriously. I take y’all so seriously. I take the based god seriously.

This is about me spreading my love to y’all. This is about saying how much I love you guys. How much I love being alive. How much I love human beings. How lucky we are to have this structure. Who built this? Tell me who built this building, please. Just going through New York you see just, wow, you have so much beautiful architecture. It’s so rich. When I look at the buildings, I’m like, dude, everybody is lucky. This might not be here forever. Anything could happen. Take heed, you guys are lucky you’re alive. Really, take heed. Can I hear you say, I’m lucky I’m alive! No, really, please, can you feel it? I’m lucky I’m alive!

Real talk: Don’t ever deny the voices in your head either. When you’re sitting at home alone, right, we all go through depression, anxiety. You’re by yourself and you hear those voices going wild in your head, in your unconscious, those angels by your side, your mental, your gut feeling, your heart. Listen to them. Let your mind tell you how you feel. Let your body tell you. Be in tune with your rare—this is a very rare thing. I’m like a robot. Hey look, tell your hand to do this. [Raises hand]. It’s like, man, that’s amazing! That’s amazing to me.

Hey, man, salute to all the beautiful doctors, everybody that’s researching and helping find cures. Salute to everyone who’s finding cures to diseaaaases. Everybody that’s aiding the people. The silent, beautiful American people that are working hard daily. Thank you to everybody. Honestly, a lot of people deserve to be where I’m at. There’s a lot of people that’s legendary, and to all those people I love you.

[Audience member: "Run for president!"] Ay, I don’t know man. But you know, I have nothing to hide either. I might run for president because y’all know everything about me. Look, my very smart NYU family, I tell you, I have nothing to hide and y’all shouldn’t either. Don’t let other people’s stereotypes or stigmas or words put you in a box. Don’t let that run your day. Don’t be depressed anymore. Believe in yourself. Sometimes you look at yourself in the mirror like, “Ew, really?” For real. I went to the mirror, man, I’m like, “Damn. How? How am I succeeding?” Y’all make me feel gorgeous, but sometimes you go to the mirror like, “Oh my god, I’m not that gorgeous.” But it’s all from your heart though, and that’s why you can always feel gorgeous, one hundred percent. To say “I’m not that gorgeous” is only a reflection of the media. You are gorgeous. I’m telling you. You are what you believe you are. You are a model. You are a rapper. You are a student. You are a positive person. Don’t let these words feel like you’re different. Nobody is different, I’m telling you, and nobody asked to be born. I’m telling you, bro, I’m telling you. I’m telling you.

Shouts out to Jay-Z, though. Shouts out to Jayyyy-Zeeeee, you feel me?

Click here to read Part 3 of the speech!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More