Saturday, April 28, 2012

DopeHut Interview

Tell us about your company. What’s the name? How did it come to be?
DopeHut is an online streetwear store. I started another streetwear store a couple years back that didn’t work out, but I learned a lot from that experience. I learned how difficult it is for small stores to compete in e-commerce. I also learned that there is a huge demand from independent clothing brands for ways to control their distribution. DopeHut’s goal is to provide everything a brand would need to succeed. I know if DopeHut can help brands succeed; there is no way this company can fail.

Where are you located?
The Bay Area.
How did you come up with the name for the store?
I wanted a name that reflected what my company actually does. Breaking it down, all my company really does is help create and distribute dope stuff. The obvious metaphor for what we do is a dope house. I wanted to call it DopeHouse.com but that was already taken; I also wanted a friendlier name that wasn’t drug related. I choose DopeHut.com a name an old friend had recommend a long time ago.
What brand(s) or item(s) can we find in your store? Are you online as well?
DopeHut is only online. There isn’t a physical store yet, but hopefully we can get to that point in the future. We care theFword, Grand Forte, 4Fiften, Counter Balance Clothing, JBonClothing, Cloud IX Creative Minds, and many other brands. We hope to continue adding tons of dope brands.
Fashion is a revolving trend, what keeps your company ahead of the game?
I believe the obvious way to succeed in business is to provide a great product and to help others. They say if you create the best product, you will always have a customer. DopeHut will stay ahead of the game by focusing on serving the brands and providing the best possible suite of services for brands. DopeHut also provides a very unique shopping experience with our “Product Feed”. DopeHut’s goal is to keep on innovating and improving the online shopping experience.

What is your description of a ‘perfect fit’? Can customers find that in your store?
For me, the perfect fit is something that’s fitted, comfortable, but isn’t too smedium. DopeHut has tons of great brands, in just about any fit you want.
Who are your influences? I’m a big fan of sports and hip hop. I don’t want to name drop though. Are there any challenges that you have ran into while running your business?
I think all businesses run in to constant challenges or it wouldn’t be a business. Right now, DopeHut is a one man Corporation. I am the CEO, photographer, marketing person, product manager, accountant, and more. As a business owner, you need to learn to teach yourself to do everything yourself. Thanks to my programmer, brand managers, my publicist, and the wonders of the internet; I’ve been able to run this company with very limited resources. Bootstrapping any business is difficult, but most businesses start out like this.

Anything special coming up with your company that we can look forward to?
DopeHut is a social company that donates 50% of annual profits towards the eradication of disease. I believe you can’t fight the future, and I believe that all corporations will have some sort of social aspect to it in the future. DopeHut is one of the first Benefit Corporations in California. Look for DopeHut to continue pushing the limits as a social company. We plan to become a certified B-Corp by the end of the year.
Where can people find more about your company?
For more info, people should checkout our company mission statement, press room, and other company links on DopeHut.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More