Monday, May 28, 2012

Cash Campain Interview

Tell us about yourself. What’s your name? Where are you from?
Hi! Nice to me ya, and come through your speaker! I’m Cash Campain. R&B singer, MBA, Songwriter, son, brother and lover of art. I’m from South Sacramento, relocated to the SF Bay Area as soon as I graduated high school. Now me, Caleborate and Sneek (99 South Entertainment) are working on taking over the world one song and mind at a time.
How did you get your start in the music industry? Who or what inspired you?
A good friend of mine by the name of “Will Ways” got me started recording wise in music. Before then I was just an athlete who could sing, and would do so whenever a few cute girls asked. In 2006 I cut my first song, and I was hooked for life after that. Nothing matches the organic quality of music. Oh and my inspirations? Luther Vandross, Tank, Stevie Wonder, Sam Slater and Babyface.
What upcoming projects are you working on?
Right now, I’m working on my 6th studio album. It doesn’t have a title yet, because I want to finish most of the music and let the overall sound give me an idea of what the album will be called. But I’m looking at a release date of early August hopefully.
Since the start of your music career what is, in your opinion, the best track you have ever made?
The best track would have to be “Come Over (Cater To You)” as far as just me, but songs with features would end in a tie between “New Thang” with The Wryters, and “#TypeOfSex” with The 5 and G. Keys.
If you could choose one artist to collaborate with on a track who would it be? Why?
I would have to say Tank, and his songwriting/production team “Song Dynasty.” They have so much talent and ability, and J. Valentine Is apart of that team. He’s someone that I feel would really understand my sound and musical approach.
This site’s purpose is living and representing the Based lifestyle. What does the word "based" mean to you?
“Based” to me is simple. This quote explains it all: "Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience. Everything for knowledge, wisdom and understanding." Approach life with that, music with that, love with that. ANYTHING with that. You win.
Who are your favorite artists right now? Who’s playing through your speakers?
Everything r&b, old and new. Tank, Trey Songz, New Edition, Alexander O’Neal, IAMSU, Elle Varner, Melanie Fiona, Frankie Beverley and Maze, Joe, Blackstreet. This could take a while…
What’s something that people might not know about you?
I eventually want to finish my doctorate, when I achieve my music goals. So that I can step away from the game and become the president of a University/College.
What’s some advice you can give to upcoming/aspiring artists that you have learned so far that may come in handy to someone else?
Learn from EVERYTHING you do and put God first. You’re going to make mistakes but learn what you did wrong and how to fix it and do better. Even the Top guys in the game mess up. So pray, learn and keep it moving. Oh, and don't forget, when your resting, someone else is working. Much love to my management team XD Entertainment, and my 99 South Entertainment team.
Where can people find more about you?
Online of course: Twitter, Website, YouTube & Soundcloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More