Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Amanda Rae Michaels "Based Beauties"

Name: Amanda Rae Michaels
Nationality: Puerto Rican & Italian
Hometown: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Measurements: 32-23-34
Website(s): Twitter, YouTube, Model Mayhem, Instagram- @ARaeMichaels


Tell us about yourself. What’s your name? Where are you from?
Hi, my name's Amanda. I currently live in Ft. Lauderdale, but was born and raised in a small town in Ohio. I moved to Florida approximately 5 years ago.
How did you get involved with modeling? How long have you been doing it for?
I've been modeling for about 5-6 years. I got started by paying for a photo shoot with a local photographer and putting my photos on a modeling website. From there, photographers started contacting me for shoots, then I started getting paid, and finally, I got published.
What is your favorite part about modeling? What is your least favorite part?
My favorite part is making beautiful pictures that I'll have for a lifetime. My least favorite part is dealing with people that are shady and having to be so cautious all of the time. Don't get me wrong; I've met a lot of great people in the industry, but I've also met a few not-so-great people.
What has been the highlight so far of your modeling career?
So far, I would say that the highlight has been being chosen out of a group of women at an open casting call to shoot for FHM. That and being able to contribute as a model to a charity project for www.HelpingHomelessAnimals.org
Being a model, and noticing what people like about you, what part of your body would you say attracts the most attention?
I actually get a lot of compliments on my face and my skin... and of course, on having such a toned body.
If you could choose one person to have a photo shoot with, who would it be? Why?
Lady Gaga... because it would be one interesting photo shoot!!
If you had the option to model for any brand in the world, what brand would it be? Why?
It's not really a brand, but I would love to be a UFC Ring Card Girl. I like MMA, and those girls always have the best seats in the house!!
What is something that people don’t know about you?
That I'm kind of a homebody. I think people would expect me to be a party-girl and going to nightclubs all of the time, but I'm really not. I do like going out on occasion, but for the most part, I enjoy staying home and watching movies, or going out to dinner and having drinks at a local bar.
What is the worst and best thing anybody has tried to do to get your attention?
Being respectful and polite is always a good way to get a woman's attention. Grabbing her or offending her intentionally are generally not good ways.
What do you think of the word “based” and what it represents?
Based means being proud, determined and having a dream of your own that no one can take away.
What words of advice would you give to all the young girls out there aspiring to be models?
Be cautious and always protect yourself. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Never feel obligated to do something you don't want to do, and only do what you feel 100% comfortable doing. If you have any doubts about a photographer/project, ask questions and get references. Understand that there are a lot of people in the industry that will take advantage of you and use you if you let them. Understand also, that although good things happen to models, a lot of bad things happen to them, too. Be aware and be cautious... that is my best advice.
Where can we find and learn more about you?
Twitter, YouTube, Model Mayhem, Instagram- @ARaeMichaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More