Thursday, June 21, 2012

D.Willz "I Drank, I Smoke" Ft. E.Q.

Fresh off of his upside down video performance of last year in “Fatty Pop”, D.Willz is back with a real world and raw depiction of his historic and hysteric party lifestyle in the newly released video, “I Drank, I Smoke”.

“I Drank, I Smoke”, produced by long-time collaborator Mark Kragen and brought to you by 2Fresh Entertainment, is the lead single release from D.Willz’s Hood Pop 2 album. Featuring Kragen’s bouncing 808 drums and distorted toms combined with DWillz’s infectiously repetitious and perfectly pitched hook, “I Drank, I Smoke” truly embodies D.Willz party swagger.

Directed by Aris Jerome, “I Drank, I Smoke” is a homage to Method Man and Redman's "How High" movie, shot with wide-angle lenses and featuring a classic throwback 90's look. In the video, D.Willz wakes up, turns on the television and sees himself on screen performing. Then the hysteria begins. As the on screen madness continues, D.Willz and guest feature EQ find themselves performing on television as a modern day set of Blues Brothers. The evolving split screen vertical side panels are a innovative touch by director Jerome, rotating throughout the video providing a visual counterpoint as images of pouring beers, red plastic cups, champagne and dancing women spice up the party atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More