Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kidd Swagg Interview

Tell us about yourself. What’s your name? Where are you from?
Nicholas Taylor, PKA “Kidd Swagg” I am a 20 year old upcoming, swagged out, inspirational recording artist/entertainer. Myself and my crew known as TRD (Team Run Dat) are a group of individuals that have the same goal in common….which is simply to be able to receive income to do what we love for the rest of our lives, entertain the world. I’m known not only for my flattop but also for my flamboyant taste in apparel with an addiction to shoes.I have a unique style of rap, wordplay, with a comical intriguing series of similes and metaphors which I believe keeps people listening to my music. I am currently a college student that attends Sacramento State University. I was on a scholarship to run track for the school. I was exceptionally good at the triple jump ended my freshman year with a collegiate jump of 48 feet 8 inches.

The Hornets captured double championship rings for the indoor and outdoor track and field season. Unfortunately I was given an ultimatum by the coaches after releasing a music video. I had to take the video down, the coaches told me I had to choose rap or track & field. I couldn’t do both. This was an easy decision for me to make I simply went with where my heart was and chose to quit track and follow my dream of becoming a rapping sensation. I still attend the University but am no longer on scholarship. With track out of the way now I can focus on my rap career and my education. My mind is set and I am determined to pursue my musical career. With the help of “David Camarena” (my videographer) “Adam Lamarche” ( DJ and close friend) Chris Simms (my manager) “Walter Hollis” PKA “Big Hollis” (my Producer) “Julian Edwards” “Bryan Berry” (two on point photographers) achieving this dream should be a piece of cake. With a catalog of nearly 60 songs, I am in the process of becoming a YouTube sensation due to releases of videos such as Joe Jackson which captured 30,000 views in two weeks, Do Dat Shit, Bomb, Im On, Girl, Swagg Cook Chef, AANK among many others. My hard work, dedication, and staying consistent is attracting fans across the globe, domestically and internationally. Music is my passion it flows through my veins I love doing what I do.
How did you get your start in the music industry? What inspired you?
I started rapping in middle school. I always carried around a backpack filled with lyrics, in high school I would join rap battles at break and lunch and draw large crowds, but college is when I really decided to get serious with rapping. I was introduced to Big Hollis the man behind the beats by Chris Simpson that is when things really started to take off. The creation of #TRD (TeamRunDat) was also put into place. Being a good reader and recognizing my ability to make words rhyme is what really inspired me to actually want to pursue rapping as a profession.
What upcoming projects are you working on?
Right now David Camarena/CamerenaFilm, #TRD (TeamRunDat) and I are just having fun putting up videos & mapping everything out. We have a plan everybody just has to wait and watch the plan unfold.
Since the start of your music career what is, in your opinion, the best track you have ever made?
I love all my music it’s too hard to choose one song. But if I had to choose one it would be AANK.
If you could choose one artist to collaborate with on a track who would it be? Why?
It depends on what kind of song I’m making. If it’s a chill song then I’d like to collab with someone who smokes or who’s real laid back like Dom Kennedy, Wiz Khalifa, or T-Pain. If it’s a turnt up song somebody crazy like Flocka , Gucci, Future ,Jeezy or Rick Ross. If it’s a sex song I’d like to collab with an artist that can sing such as Trey Songz, the Weeknd, or Ty$. If it’s a ratchet song that makes bitches want shake ass I’d like to collab with YG.
This sites purpose is living and representing the Based lifestyle. What does the word ” based” mean to you?
A based lifestyle is not giving a F… but at the same time remaining humble, stay grounded, dare to be different, but always be true to yourself and swagg out.
Who are your favorite artists right now? Who’s playing through your speakers?
Tyga, 2chainz, Wiz, Kendrick Lamar, Meek Mill, Dom Kennedy, Gucci Mane, Flocka, YG, E-40, Too Short, Juicy J.
What’s something people might not know about you?
Believe it or not I am lowkey shy. Being behind the mic in the studio, and performing in front of a crowd is where I love to be so all the shyness goes away.
What’s some advice you can give to upcoming/aspiring artists that you have learned so far that may come in handy to someone else?
Grind, stay in your own lane, don’t expect help from anybody else, do it the right way get in a real studio so you have good quality sounding music. Be open to constructive criticism and advice. Trust is a major part of this game so choose your team wisely, keep your circle small. Stay focused on the end result, that being a major player in the music game.
Where can people find more about you?
Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and Official Website (coming soon)

3 comments:

  1. This dude is real and raw af! Gotta respect him for his grind and hustle he gon make watch and see

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently jus messaged the Kidd himself on Facebook and after reading the previous article/interview i really hope to hear back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Dat" this and "dat" that. Deliberatly misspelling words has nothing to do with blackness, it actually has to do with whiteness. Being a slave to what white people came up with to hold blacks down (ebonics) and entertaining it is disgusting. And not only entertaining it, but actually thinking it's cool and swagged out. Oh! The nerve! And some will actually fight you over their "right" to deliberatly misspell and annuciate words incorrectly. It is so many words that are used this way that it makes my head spin. It makes my head spin to see blacks steadily holding blacks back. And will argue tooth and nail about it too! SMH@ "turnt up". It is actually "turned up" but nobody wants to spell it and annuciate it correctly because doing so is lame in the black community. White collar, blue collar, upper class, upper middle class and just middle class laughs at this shit. They think "dumb niggers" and people are giving them a reason to think it and you know what, they're right! Black america's biggest enemy is black americans.

    Now that is the real coonery right there.

    Go ahead, keep COINTELPRO alive. Fucking agent.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More