Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ray Guevara Interview

Tell us about yourself. What’s your name? Where are you from?
I'm Ray Guevara, and I'm from Fairfield, CA. I'm just a humble artist that truly loves life and music, and im all about being myself at all times nothing more or nothing less.
How did you get your start in the music industry? Who or what inspired you?
I been rapping since nine or ten years old, but i didn't decide to fully pursue The industry till 2008. I joined a short-lived group (Tha Flatlinerz) that saw some success, and i been growing as a artist and person since then and haven't looked back. My main inspiration to be a rapper was the fact Ive always been a good writer, so it was just inside of me, as well as buying and studying Jay- Z ' s "the blueprint" album in the 7th grade, I was amazed by it.
What upcoming projects are you working on?
I'm currently wrapping up my next project "epic and rare 2" with Justin Kase, and starting on the mixtape i plan to follow it up with, haven't decided on a title yet. As well as doing a lot of features and writing for a few singers.
Since the start of your music career what is, in your opinion, the best track you have ever made?
I honestly have never thought about it because I have recorded hundreds of songs, and i put real effort into all of them...so im not sure whats best, but my favorite at the moment is "bounce back" which is on "epic and rare two"
If you could choose one artist to collaborate with on a track who would it be? Why?
I would choose to work with Kanye, because I think from a music perspective he's a genius and i respect the things he stands for, and how honest and true to himself he is no matter what. We would make something classic.
This site’s purpose is living and representing the Based lifestyle. What does the word "based" mean to you?
In my opinion based represents being very relaxed, positive, and comfortable with who you are as well as who your not.
Who are your favorite artists right now? Who’s playing through your speakers?
My favorite artists are Wayne, 2pac, Kanye, jay z, and Curren$y. But i don't limit myself in music i love anything that sounds good. Right now I'm jamming "we are young" by FUN a lot, its a dope record.
What’s something that people might not know about you?
I love to eat, but I'm one of the pickiest eaters in the world. I don't try exotic shit lol and im picking off all onions, peppers, tomatoes and all that, yep I'm that guy.
What’s some advice you can give to upcoming/aspiring artists that you have learned so far that may come in handy to someone else?
Never wait on anybody to do anything for you, and network/ show your face constantly.
Where can people find more about you?
They can visit www.epicandrare.tumblr.com or search Ray Guevara on YouTube, if you would like to SEE some of the randomness follow me on instagram: RayRayguevara or contact me directly on Twitter @rayguevara I respond to everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More