Monday, November 12, 2012

Shantal Monique "Based Beauties"

Name: Shantal Monique
Nationality: Caucasian
Hometown: Seattle, WA
Current city: Tempe, AZ
Measurements: 32D-26-34
Website(s): Model Mayhem, Facebook & Twitter

Tell us about yourself. What’s your name? Where are you from?
My name is Shantal I am 23 years old and originally from Seattle, Washington.
How did you get involved with modeling? How long have you been doing it for?
I’ve wanted to be a model for as long as I can remember. When I was younger I was told by some people that I could never be a model or be successful at it. I guess I should give some thanks to them for driving me to prove them wrong. I have been modeling on and off since I was 18 years old but especially over the last year and a half I have really been working at it.
What is your favorite part about modeling? What is your least favorite part?
I love being able to feel like someone I normally don’t feel like on a day to day basis. When I get on a set with hair, makeup and the camera flashing I feel like I have the ability to portray anyone I want to. I guess the only part of modeling I could say I don’t like is the way some people treat you differently based on how they perceive you instead of actually taking the time to get to know you.
What has been the highlight so far of your modeling career?
Being Playboy’s May Cyber Girl of the Month has definitely been the highlight so far. However I believe this year is only the beginning of many wonderful things to come in the future.
Being a model, and noticing what people like about you, what part of your body would you say attracts the most attention?
I have such a hard time with this question! So many people have different favorites or preferences and although many may comment on my boobs I feel more people compliment me on my eyes and smile.
If you could choose one person to have a photo shoot with, who would it be? Why?
I have so many favorite photographers all over the country but Arny Freytag is an amazing photographer who works for Playboy whom I would love to shoot with. Even if I don’t ever shoot more with Playboy I would love the opportunity to learn from them and their experiences.
If you had the option to model for any brand in the world, what brand would it be? Why?
I would love to model for Apple… I can hear the chuckles now! If they allowed models to represent them I would be submitting myself every day. I am a huge supporter and apple lover and feel they are one of the most powerful and influential brands!
What is something that people don’t know about you?
I am a techy-geek! I love technology, its capabilities and of course I am attracted to smart or “nerdy” men too. 
What is the worst and best thing anybody has tried to do to get your attention?
Well I can think of lots of bad occasions but recently I was in the gym working out and listening to music when a guy walked into the gym and up to me continuing to talk to me while a gym trainer asked him to leave. As I removed my headphones the trainer said I didn’t miss much as he was asking me how to use the machine, while laughing. Although I missed most of it I found it silly and not effective! The best I think would have to be when I overheard a guy talking to his friend telling him someday I was going to be his girlfriend. He was so confident but sincere, it was shocking but intriguing as well.
What do you think of the word “based” and what it represents?
I think it represents all of us as people. It represents freedom to act how we want worrying about the opinions of others.
What words of advice would you give to all the young girls out there aspiring to be models?
Don’t give up! If anyone ever tells you who you can or cannot be instead of backing down rise above it and take it as a challenge. It’s easy to say I can be anything I want to be but to actually believe it and work towards that takes determination.
Where can we find and learn more about you?
Like me on Facebook or subscribe to my friend page and follow me on twitter!

1 comment:

  1. So...I tried to only focus on her face, but her boobs kept staring at me. She sold sex in these shots and I left broke lol! Now I must do the walk of shame...

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More