Monday, June 27, 2011

Chris Simmons Interview

Chris Simmons Interview
#DirectorsWeek


Tell us about yourself. Whats your name? Where are you from?
-Greetings my name is Chris Simmons. I'm from Fremont, CA home of the textsbooks and the grey people. Shoutsout to Fremont. I am 18 years of age and also a high school graduate. I like to play video games add my xbox gamertag: ChriSimmonsWOO thanks.

What does the word "based" mean to you?
-"Based" means a lot to me. I say it about 15 times a day (guesstimate) and my definition would have to be, rare/the act of being yourself and not caring/something dope. Stay based..based update.

How did you get into the directors chair/behind the camera? What inspired you and still inspires you?
-So basically me, Aris and my friend Danny went out to vegas with Big Rich to shoot a music video. Aris drove about 9 hours and in those 9 hours he drank 2 five hour energy drinks and a redline. He said his heart felt like it was beating a million times per second. So he couldn't shoot when we first got to vegas. It was now my turn.. I took the cam and shot a scene... And thats when i realized i can do this also. So after continuously working with my cousin Aris, yes Aris Jerome the legend is my cousin. I learned so much. He got a text from Nic Nac the illest out, asking if he could shoot a video for the six on November 26th. Aris told him it was his birthday and he would be celebrating with friends. So Nic asked... What about Chris? (I was in the car at the time) I was ecstatic i never thought about even becoming a director or filmmaker. Shoutsout to Nic Nac for birthing my career. Thank you. I then shot Starting Six "On Me" my first music video ever which accumulated many views super quick. I feel blessed. Many people inspire me such as TAJ, Colin Tilley and Aris. Seeing them do their thing and live out their dream is amazing and inspiring to me, I wish to be like them one day.

What upcoming projects are you working on, any particular one special to you or one your excited for?
-I have a video coming up for the hit song "Up" by LoveRance ft. IAMSU & Skipper. I'm real excited to drop it. Also if anyone knows how get advertisements on their youtube please show me (@chriSimmons) because when this drops it should get HELLA views.

#Overall, whats your favorite video that you've ever created?
-My favorite video so far would have to be Jay Ant - "Go To" which is still unreleased....because @jayantmusic_TPK (hit him and tell him to drop it!!) is taking forever to release it..... If anyone wants to see it hit my twitter @chriSimmons females only...lol.

Since that video isn't released yet, check out a video Chris Directed that I am sure you have all seen before by Starting Six.



Are there any artists out there you would like to work with, but haven't got the chance yet?
-Many artists..too many to name..too keep it short, I would love to work with Taylor Swift. I love her. Also Kanye of course, just meeting him would be dope he seems like a real intelligent and artsy type of person..legend. And Linkin Park theyre DOPE.

Besides your own videos, whats a video out right now that really caught your eye?
-Gucci Gucci! Its very based. And also the new Jill Scott video by TAJ. The song made me feel happy and watching it even made me more happy. Its amazing how music and visuals can bring out emotions in people.

What is something that people don't know about you?
-Hmmm, Im not sure. How about that Aris is like my brother? I grew up and lived with him up until he recently move to LA.

Whats some advice you can give the people that want to get behind the camera and into the directors chair?
-Keep shooting! And use your BRAIN.

Where can people find more about you?
-Follow me on twitter @chriSimmons. Im addicted to twitter i swear. And hit me up! I love talking to people it raises my self esteem. I dont have a website yet but i will soon. And Im also a photographer lets take some photos people!!! Shoutsout to everyone i love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More