Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Aris Jerome Interview

Aris Jerome Interview
#DirectorsWeek

Tell us about yourself. Whats your name? Where are you from?
-Aris Jerome from the Bay. Residing in LA.

What does the word "based" mean to you?
-Based to me means anything that is original and stands out.

How did you get into the directors chair/behind the camera? What inspired you and still inspires you?
-Creating will always inspire me. All I needed to do was get my hands on a camera. Which I did randomly and I just ended up loving it.

What upcoming projects are you working on, any particular one special to you or one your excited for?
-People are used to seeing me with a low budget doing gorilla style shoots. Get ready to see what I can do with a shoot that is more put together. $$

Overall, whats your favorite video that you've ever created?
-That's hard to say because I learned something new from every shoot I've done. I'd have to say Loud Pockets though. When I sent the treatment to L he loved it and we got to shooting instantly. He trusted my vision and that video definitely got the attention it deserved.


Are there any artists out there you would like to work with, but haven't got the chance yet?
-I would love to work with Hailey Williams. She's dope.

Besides your own videos, whats a video out right now that really caught your eye?
-Tyler the Creator - She feat. Frank Ocean. That video was out of the ordinary. That's what creativity is all about.

What is something that people don't know about you?
-A lot of people don't know me in general. Shoutout to Based Update for reaching out and picking my brain.

Whats some advice you can give the people that want to get behind the camera and into the directors chair?
-Just shoot every chance you get. Don't wait.

Where can people find more about you?
-I have a facebook and a twitter all under Aris Jerome. Or you can follow my Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More