Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Kreemo Clothing Interview

Kreemo Clothing Interview
#FashionWeek


Kreemo Clothing is the newest clothing line that I got sucked into. I am sure you will too because their clothes have that eye-poppin-I-need-some-gear-now feel! Another thing that is attractive about this line is like me, everyone involved deeply in the line is 20 years old and in college. That is a potent mix, so this is one of those lines that you will be hearing about for a long time to come. Kreemo will having you "Beg To Differ!"

Tell us about the line, What is it and how did it start?
-Kreemo was founded in 2008 by Brian Wright, Lavan Wright(cousin) and Hugh Brown. Brian, Lavan, and Hugh were influenced by their hometown, New York City and its surroundings. These three spent much of their time roaming the streets of Soho and other pop culture areas. Roaming the streets of Soho enabled them to see brands such as stussy, supreme, bape etc. After some time Brian Wright, the creator of Kreemo, became tired of spending his money on other brands and decided to make his own brand. This is where the journey began. A year after the idea was developed Brian moved to Atlanta where he met me, Desmond Attmore. I became the newest member and Marketing director of Kreemo. When I first met Brian I was working on my own line, but eventually I gave that up and brought my marketing specialties to Kreemo.

How would you describe the style of your brand?
-As of right now we are only printing tee shirts but I would compare the style of the brand to that of other major brands like Original Fake, BBC, stussy etc. I would describe Kreemo to these brands because they all have dope graphics printed on tees.

What type of people wear Kreemo?
-The Kreemo demographic is very wide. It ranges from kids, Adolsence and even Adults of any race.

There are millions of clothing lines in the world, what makes yours stand out?
-I think one of the most unique things about the Kreemo brand is that fact that we are still in college and we have created a movement like no other. Connecting with artist like Rick Ross, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco and Wiz Khalifa. We have proven that we can handle our business while at the same time getting our education. Another unique thing is the fact that we are all under 21.

Since the start of this clothing line, what has been your favorite piece? Why?
-My favorite piece would have to be the Ghost tee. The Ghost is Kreemo. When people first see the ghost they don't know what to think they just know that its something different. Ive even heard it looks "weird" lol.

Where do you see Kreemo in 5 years?
-On behalf of my team and I, I would say we see Kreemo as one of the top Lifestyle brands in the world. Kreemo started off as a clothing line but has emerged into a brand that can provide almost any creative service from graphic designs, videos, marketing and branding for other major companies. Recently we teamed up with Atlantic Records and Wiz Khalifa to do some graphic design work for the Rolling Papers album.

Anything special the clothing line has in the future that you want to share?
-When the time is right you will hear about it.

With what you have learned with putting together a line, what advice would you give people that want to start their own?
-I would tell them to do as much research as possible. Study the ins and outs of what your trying to do. This knowledge will def help you in the long run. Last but not least don't be afraid to be different and take risk.

Where can we find out more about the line? Where can we buy your clothes?
www.kreemo.com

1 comment:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More