Thursday, September 29, 2011

A.R. Interview

A.R. Interview


Tell us about yourself. Whats your name? Where are you from?
How did you get your start in the music industry? What or who inspired you?

-My name is AR aka Arthur Renowitzky. I'm from San Leandro, CA. I started doing music seriously as a career in 2007. That year I was tragically shot coming out of nightclub in SF. I was 20 years old at the time. I was walking out of the nightclub to my car and a guy came up to me and shot in the chest. He stole my wallet which only had $20 and chain then ran off. I slipped into a coma for a month and woke up December 23rd 2007 to learn I would possibly never walk again. They never found the shooter. After going threw this tragic situation - I found the motivation to push mysef as a solo artist. My inspiration was simply getting a second chance at life.

What upcoming projects are you working on? Any videos or something special coming up?
-I'm working on a new album right now titled "Grind 2 Shine" which drops early 2012. The first single off the album is called "Life Ain't Easy" which the music video is in regular rotation on CMC. Shoutout to Chuy Gomez for supporting my music and movement! You can check out the video on youtube right now.


Are there any artists out there you would like to have the chance to work with? If so who? Who are your favorite artists right now? Who's playing through your speakers?
-I would love to work with Drake, Kanye, Black Eyed Peas, Weezy, Eminem, Bobby Brackins, Young Murph, Rhianna, Nio Tha Gift, Goapele the list goes on. My favorite artist right now has to be Lupe Fiasco. The reason why is because I've rocked with Lupe ever since "Kick Push" and he's always had a very positive vibe about himself. His music inspires me to keep being motivational and positive.


What are some things that people might not know about you?
-Some of the things people might not know about me is that I still am in a wheelchair and still doing physical therapy. I love working with at risk youth. Teaching them about the effects of gun-violence. Showing them that with just one bullet you can be where I'm at. So silence the vioence and join my movement, I also love basketball. Anything to do with basketball I'm with it. I play semi-pro wheelchair basketball and travel all over the US. I love it. Oh yeah, I'ma Die hard Warriors fan.

What does the word "based" mean to you? and if you didn't know what it meant until now what do you think of it?
-Based to me means being free. Enjoying life anyway you want to. Living life to the fullest. Living good. Being based is a very positive way to live.

Whats some advice you can give to everyone that you have learned so far in your journey that could come in handy to someone else?
-My advice woud be to work on your craft and drop it when you know your at your best. Believe in yourself 100%. Work hard and network at all times. Always stay positive, always."

Where can people find more about you?
-You can hit me up on twitter at @AR510 or hit my websites www.LGOentertainment.com or www.Lifegoesonproject.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More