Thursday, April 12, 2012

Based Scripture: The Full Transcript of Lil B’s Lecture at NYU (Part 4)


If you didn't know Lil B gave an 80-minute, unscripted lecture at NYU Wednesday night. The first part of this speech can be seen here, the second part here, and the third here. Below is the final transcript of the fourth part of the entire lecture. Its the Based God’s words in text format for you to read. As stated before Lil B kept true to himself; from his suggestion to look at people like “golden, million-dollar babies” to his experiences with ants in the kitchen, his recommendations to wash your hands and wear seat belts, his fear of insulting Mitt Romney and his excitement about paying taxes. There are no words to convey this experience but Lil B’s own.

Part 4

[Audience member asks about the status of The Pack] You know, I’m one hundred percent still in The Pack. We coming, man. Shouts out to Young L, Stunnaman, Lil Uno. We coming, you know. Naw, we coming. With me just making history, the people really wanted me. The people made me. That was my only reason. I been giving you guys free stuff. You don’t have to listen to me. You don’t have to watch me. I’m not on TV every day. I’m about to be. But right now I’m not. You guys are the beautiful people. You are the beautiful people for accepting me. My mom would be happy, and I really appreciate that. You guys have made me special, and in return you will always get my genuine love and consideration. I’m not perfect. I get mad sometimes. I deal with people that threaten me. I have to protect myself. Everybody know: Protect Lil B. Protect the based god. There’s only one me. I promise you, nobody has done what I’ve done in history. From being the first artist ever to release an ambient album in history with no cursing, Rain in England. Love is strange.

[Audience member asks about working with Lil Wayne] It was great. It was an honor working with Wayne. Me and him was in the studio man, I was really nervous. [Audience member: "I have a question!"] Yes, sir, I definitely hear you. Can I continue? Can I finish? Or do you…? Okay. No, no, this is just me being considerate. He is a man. It was amazing in that studio. Shouts out to Mack Maine. Shouts out to Birdman on the real, bruh. Working with Wayne and seeing how much love he had for me, to see him embracing me like family is so good. That ain’t the only track we got in store. And you guys are going to freak out, because, real talk, I got a song with pretty much the biggest artist on earth. You will see. Phwoo, we coming. I’ll let you know some history with me towards the end. Anything else?

[Audience member: "Do you like to paint?"] I definitely do, man. My mom was a painter. Ay, bruh, feel me. But you know what I do rock with? My favorite is watercolors. I’m a watercolors type of dude, so definitely collect some of my rare paintings.

[Audience member: "What's your next step?"] Well, you guys are actually the first to hear, but I’m releasing my rock album. Pretty much. Regardless me selling platinum records or me going gold or nothing, I already made history in rap. Nobody has ever done what I’ve done. So with that, out of respect for people, I’m not just some joke. I’m not some rapper who’s going to make some joke rock album. This is going to be real respect. This is going some garage punk. This is going to be for the rebels. And the women and the ladies, we about to be having a real good time. But look out for my Lil B rock album, California Boy. We made history NYU because y’all are the first people to hear that. I’m shutting it down. It’s about to be a celebration for all of us. Thank you for believing me, because this rock album is about to go down in history. On everything.

[Audience member tells story of his mom crying listening to Rain in England] I love you. Thank you family. I love you man. Respect knowledge. If you see somebody with gray hair, embrace that beauty. Show the world that we are beautiful! That was me trying to get everybody to rally. Show the world we’re beautiful! I’m out here getting my Mitt Romney on. Show the world we’re beautiful! I better not talk about Mitt or you might not see me. What happened to Lil B? Lil B is in jail. Why is he in jail? Imprisoned by the government. Lil B made jokes about Mitt Romney at NYU and he’s in prison for some reason. But what was you saying about your mother? You just wanted to tell me that? I appreciate you, and thank you. I just want to tell her I love her, and I want to tell her congratulations for making it so far on earth. Serious, serious, serious. Congratulations to her and I pray she stays alive longer, bro. We all not going to have our parents forever, so I’m glad you’ve got her right now.

[Audience member: "Are you going to have your own clothing line?"] I’m not here to capitalize on people. I only do what I really love. I got full control of this. I know people want to buy stuff from me, and I know a lot of people are buying other clothing lines thinking they’re me. So anybody you’re buying, you’re supporting them, and that’s good. Support humans. I put out money. I spend my money in America because this is our money. I’m about to pay taxes, and I’m happy because of that. I’m happy. I don’t know what it’s going for, and I pray it’s going to the people. The government says that and I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt. But, hey, look, anybody is smart and has some facts, let me know. But until further notice, I’m paying taxes and I’m loving it. You’ve gotta buy people dinner. Never deny your friends food. If your friends are hungry, at least give them food.

[Audience member: "What inspires you?"] You guys. It’s you, bruh. Being here, we could be brothers now. It’s good, regardless. And everybody, speak both languages too. Listen to slang. Slang is like learning another language. Be bilingual and go learn some slang. For sheezy! Brang dang dang. If you know some slang, rep that. You feel me? You feel me?! Yeah, bruh. Use swag, yeah, dummy.

[Audience member on Jay Electronica] That’s one of the only people in rap I’m listening to. A lot of people aren’t original. Shouts out to my bro Drake. My brother Drake, I love him. Everybody is rapping like him and I love him. I respect artists. You gotta be yourself. Let my brother Drake have his swag. Let Lil B have his swag.

[Audience member gives Lil B a Rap Genius T-shirt] Shouts out to Rap Genius, man. If anybody has any questions about my lyrics, I would love to spit a cappella. If you ever want me to decode my lyrics, if you ever have questions… Anybody got questions?

[Audience member comes onstage and bows to Lil B and Lil B kisses his hand] Salute to the family. I stay by that. That’s my brother right there. His hand is gold.

Alright, y’all, so we’re about to wrap up. I want to take pictures with y’all for Facebook and Twitter. Let’s take these rare pictures real quick and we’ll get up out of here. [Proceeds to sign a variety of sneakers, MacBooks and cooking utensils, and take photographs and shake hands for a half hour]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More