Sunday, April 15, 2012

Michael Teixeira Interview


Tell us about yourself. What’s your name? Where are you from?
My name is Michael Teixeira, I’m a producer and DJ based in San Francisco, California.

How did you get your start in the music industry? Who or what inspired you?
I got started interning for a label called Drive Thru Records. From ther i started meeting people in the industry. Eventually i started working with different producers nd singers such as Detail (producer of How to Love by Lil wayne) Ray J, Brandy, Mya just to name a few.

What upcoming projects are you working on?
Right now I have my EDM project going and I am producing an album for Aisea Taimani, super talented singer songwriter.

Since the start of your music career what is, in your opinion, the best track you have ever produced?
Best track is Operator. This track kicks you is the ass!


When it comes to writing songs, what do you look into or at for inspiration?
Because my musical career is so diverse, I get ideas and inspiration from the most random places you can think of. Whether it is getting an idea from a world music artist or a Big band song, it is always a different process when I am inspired.

If you could choose one artist to collaborate with on a track who would it be? Why?
Too many to name lol

This site’s purpose is living and representing the Based lifestyle. What does the word "based" mean to you?
Stay positive with yourself!


Who are your favorite artists right now? Who’s playing through your speakers?
Right now I am digging artists such as Zedd, Cassette, and Chocolate Puma just to name a few.


What’s something that people might not know about you?
My family is originaly from Portugal.

What’s some advice you can give to upcoming/aspiring artists that you have learned so far that may come in handy to someone else?
Just when you feel like giving up, you are closer than ever to succeeding.

Where can people find more about you?
Hit me up on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More